Welcome to the studio - dedicated to building terrain, displays, and conversions for miniature gaming.

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Totenmeister's New Groove


So, Dust Warfare players, remember this Hero?
     Me, I never forgot. For whatever reason, I'm drawn to her. Perhaps I like the fluff or her story. Maybe because I field several Zombie units in my Axis list. However, most games I just can't bring myself to field her in a list. For 28AP, she's just 2 points shy of my beloved Angela - who I can count on to typically wreck my opponent's day, or at least scare the crap out of them. Maybe I'm just not playing her correctly, but in the few games I've fielded Totenmeister, she does little other than being a target. I don't think she's healed a single zombie. 


     Now then, I have always in my head known I'd convert this model. (Come on, this is me here) And prior to one of my tournaments I bought the conversion bits (actually a model to hack up) to make my zombie 'fit' my army better. But nothing. Finally one night before a game I got a sudden urge to field her and stayed up late doing the conversion - only to change my mind the next morning and not take her. 

But I'm through waiting. So I got her painted - and now I'm suddenly more excited to field her. I wanted my Totenmeister to be unmasked. Have you ever wondered what she actually looks like? Me too! 

The conversion::
     As you may or may not know - the lower body, arms, and tank on her back are all original. I got my handy dandy rotary tool and cut a "V" shape into her upper torso. Then cut a similar shape out of the Reaper mini that is now her bust and face. Then I filled gaps and sculpted her new upper coat collar and trim with ProCreate sculpting putty. I put the cork 'rocks' on the base to hold her up as the peg got broken off during the cutting process. 

The paint:
     The pic is a bit dark, but my flash on the iPhone distorted the color and image too much. I wanted her to still be a zombie - just more attractive. So I used 'Rotting Flesh' from GW's old paint line for her flesh tones. Bleached bone for the hair, Charadon Granite for the coat, Snakebite Leather for it's trim. Her corset is a mix of Mechrite Red and White to make the pink color, and Red Gore for the red bust accents. Chainmail and Snot Green finish off her glove. Everything but the coat, legs and boots were washed in GW's new wash "Agarax Dark Shade" (I think that's the name). Eyes are solid white.  I then finished up by highlighting the hair with white, and putting a hint of blue under the eyes for a more 'undead' feel. 

     All in all I'm pretty happy with the results. What do you think?

-jRock-

No comments:

Post a Comment